YES! We just got our shipment of LEGO Olympic Minifigures (8909) - just in time for the Olympics! These are a LEGO UK retail exclusive, so they were not the easiest to get (I learned too much about the import process!). We’ll be selling these in our on-line store in sets and sealed random packs, as well as opened individual figures in our bricks-n-mortar store.
Here are my initial thoughts:
- Very cool minifigs with very unique bodies, faces, etc… 9 figures total.
- Each comes with a white printed stand.
- Nice accessories… the archer has a cool bow for example… each has a gold medal.
- The case and minifig packaging follows the same line as the previous 7 minifigure series, with these being based in white backgrounds.
- LEGO did a nice job of evenly distributing the cases… out of case 1, we were able to assemble 6 complete sets, with the remaining 6 being unique.
Granted, as an American, I’d prefer a US Olympic set, but I fully appreciate why LEGO created the GB set for the London games - in fact, I like these so much, that my daughter and I will be keeping at least one set!